11 Dec 2007

Thanks for your supposed kind concern & I haven't gotten a job yet

Have you gotten a job? Are you working now? Started work?

These are the questions that I get bombarded with now and then. And they are driving me nuts! I thank everyone for their kind concern. However, the feeling I am getting is that they are more concerned about themselves than me when asking these questions. They are afraid they can't get a job when they still have one more semester to go. So they are testing water out.

As you can see, the generation is getting more competitive nowadays. Sometimes I feel we should just slow things down and take some time off to appreciate things around us. Be it the nature or people. I've been running the red queen race for long long time and I just want at least this one month not to think about job application and any other troublesome stuff. In situation like this, it makes me want to escape to Thailand even more. Yup I hope that kingdom will stay strong and not falter for at least 50 more years. Reason being I want to retire or migrate there someday.

And it really takes a strong heart like mine to stay true to my goal and not just join in the rat race blindly for a position in those big banks. I don't want to be one of those pathetic souls bitching about their jobs one year down the road and complaining that they are not motivated and ultimately job-hop again. I hope jiin and those who concur with me give me more support =) Who knows I'll pop by your door step one day when I achieved my goal.

No comments: