15 Dec 2007

It's an Unforgettable Day

It's now SGT 3am and I just came back from clubbing. It has been ages since I last clubbed and let me now introduce 2 must-go clubs in Singapore. The first is Zouk and it is well known for its retro music on Mambo night which falls on Wednesday. The crowd there is quite young. I haven't been to Zouk for eons so that's all for the limited information. The other one is called St James Powerhouse. As the name suggests, the whole club used to be an old coal powerhouse in Singapore. The interior of the powerhouse was revamped into the current club which has 9 different theme rooms. For instance, the R&B flavour Boiler room, Latin flavour Movida room, Jazz flavour Bellini room and the famous Chinese cum Canto pop rock Dragonfly. The crowd at St James is generally older (e.g. you will see a few balding heads, uncles and aunties lurking around) but the interesting part is that there are LIVE band performances at each room!

And this leads me to some happy moments =) Hehe... a good looking Jazz singer came up close and snuggled beside me while I was at the Bellini room. I almost melted looking into his blue eyes. But damn I think he told me his name and shook my hand but I didn't catch his name. Argh. Anyway, I went to the Boiler room and there was this damn entertaining performance where a singer could actually sing a duet all by himself. Believe me, it really sounds like a duet. That's amazing right? Not forgetting my venture into the Dragonfly room where two men were pulling some kong fu stunts during a song performance. And of course the day ends kind of sweetly with this guy who poked me thrice, apologised twice before offering to buy me a drink and asking me for my name. Yes I admit my ego is swelling damn big now. Go ahead and take a needle to poke it. Lalala... Nonetheless, it could have been better if he had offered to buy the drink earlier and not when I was about to leave plus if he had heard my name at the 2nd time instead of me shouting to him more than 5 times and him not getting it still!

Ok so this was about clubbing but this is not the end as I had the most entertaining and enjoyable dinner with Pam and an ex-colleague of mine called Sim. Basically, the dinner was damn funny as Pam shared her story about her cruise boy called Moh. Moh is an Indian, Sim too, and Moh worked on the cruise where all the happening things occur. Pam was on the deck during summer cruise trying to figure out the constellations and its then Moh walked to her and said :"hey beautiful..." LOL. *drum roll* Here comes the classic where Moh called Pam one week ago to ask her out for dinner tonight but he himself failed to turn up.

There was wind blowing against the handset making the listening very hard for Pam...

Pam: The reception is very bad

Moh: Did you hear that?

Pam: Yah the reception is really poor...

Moh: That's my heart beating for you...

Pam: ...........

LOL. Yup we thought that sounded like it came from some guidebook. To make things funnier, Sim and I started speculating what other cheesy lines could Moh come up with and I have to kudo to Sim for learning it real fast. With reference back to Pam on the deck scenario, Sim suggested this potential line that Moh might use next time...

Moh: Hey beautiful, what are you doing up here?

Pam: Oh.. I am looking for constellations..

Moh: That's easy. I can see the constellations in your eyes...

*Whoosh* Blown away right?? Yup so this was a damn entertaining day for me. Pam and I almost had hyperventilation from all the laughter. Oh yah and not forgetting to mention, I am morphing into Pam. Pam always had this love (i.e. major crush) for her professors (e.g. wanting to be their wives). Guess what? I actually dreamt about this young professor of mine (sadly he's married with 2 kids) and I think we were hugging each other in the dream and... just as the dream is about to develop into something sinister I guess.. my mobile phone rang. Argh. I admit I had some ill designs on him during the first lesson but I had stop dreaming when I saw that ring on his finger. Yeah maybe Pam is just unleashing the hidden me... Muahahaha

No comments: