24 Feb 2008

Alternative career option?

Semester started 2 weeks ago. Pretty slack compared to Women's and Children's Health. Thank goodness for my foresight in insisting on taking that rotation first. My buddy had better thank me for saving her from the distress of juggling Women's and Children's while trying to nail our job applications.

Yes, job application season is officially open.

I guess my ambivalence towards it has sent me desperately scouring for an alternative career path. Such is my commitment to medicine.

Yesterday, in the spur of the moment, i stalked down to Lincraft with MOAO in tow and bought supplies to build another jewellery tree. I really ought to come up with a more stylish name than that, but if i called it "tree of silver", "earring fruit tree" etc, it complicates things too much. I hate to admit that i'm running out of creativity here.

The last one my sister and i collaborated on 2 years ago turned out like this:


Considering that it was our 1st attempt. I'd say that it didn't turn out too badly. It gets prettier the more earrings / bracelets / necklaces adorn it. The jewellery serves to flesh out the branches like how leaves are meant to.

We spent around 4 hours making it, cut and bruised ourselves from shaping the memory wires and wracked our brains on how to attach the stem to the base and stabilise it enough so it won't topple. Our blood, sweat and well wishes.

Unfortunately, we gave it to someone who didn't deserve it. It was our ex-house mate's 21st. We have known each other since we were primary 1 school kids with pig tail braids. Now we don't speak to each other anymore. But that's another story.

So now i have a half made jewellery tree version 2 sitting on my desk and difficulty deciding who i should give it too or how much i should sell it for if i just want to recoup my loses.

Suggestions?

No comments: