6 Mar 2008

Dr Jiin The Therapist

I'm a good listener, i give sound advice. When you need me to understand what tumultous emotions are raging within you, i can put it into words for you.

But each time after such an encounter, you walk away feeling better, but i walk away burdened.

You refuse to engage in therapeutic alliances with 3 other trained professionals, and yet you unload your internal mess onto me.

Remember now that i am not qualified. I am your friend, not your therapist who is at your beck and call. There are reasons why therapists keep strict limits on how often and for how long they see you.

So please, stop turning my understanding and support into another thing which enables you to be dependent.

Perhaps if i asked you to pay me by the hour for listening to your troubles, i wouldn't feel so used.

No comments: