20 Mar 2008

I Want That Job

Alot of things happened since yesterday.

Firstly, I went to Jap class and i loved it! It was a small group of four, learning phrases and vocabulary not limited to the textbook. The rate at which we progress is determined by our enthusiasm.

Secondly, i passed my Long case, although i'm not sure how well i did. Let's not go into too much detail there, because it can get pretty depressing.

Thirdly, there was a session held at my clinical school where people from the medical workforce unit in charge of recruiting interns were spinning tales about how great our hospital was. Load of bullshit.

Fourthly, i watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Even discounting the fact that Dustin Hoffman and Natalie Portman were starring in it, it has recently joined the ranks as one of my favourite movies.


If there's a job as a sales assistant in a magical toy shop, I WANT IT!

I don't care if i'll be poor for all eternity or that i've basically wasted 6 yrs of my life in med school. I want to be in a place where i can enjoy myself every day and act loony without someone trying to shove some sort of intervention up my ass.

That aside, it's a feel good movie about making the impossible happen as long as we believe in ourselves. Just the kind of message that i need while struggling through my final year. Perhaps i'll magically get a H1 if i believe wholeheartedly that i will. (That's somewhat akin to blind faith in any religion eg. Christianity) *LOL*

Who wants to get in touch with their inner child? Ooh! Me! Me! ME! *hands waving madly in the air*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to get in touch with my inner child too though I've never seen that show before...

jiin said...

Haha... apparently the critics slammed it. Oh well, perhaps it's because i'm in my current state of mind that the movie is appealing to me.