15 Mar 2008

A kind deed

For those who have started work, you will probably resonant with me that weekends are precious. This is very true indeed since time is one of those few things which you can't buy with money. A little more background about me.. I teach on Sat and Sun for money of course.

But I've done a kind deed today by travelling all the way to Choa Chu Kang to teach my primary one cousin. The ride there takes about an hour time. Why it is a kind deed is because I didn't take any money from my relatives. That's like a freaking 5 hour wasted on a Sat because other than the approximately 2 hour coaching and 2 hour travelling.. I still have to chit chat a bit with them.

Okay.. good thing is I get to spend quite a fair bit of travelling time listening to Thai music and replaying the magical encounter with MC. *Ahh... meltz* Anyway, an interesting thought suddenly dawned on me. Maybe I am really cut out being a teacher. I suspect I might continue teaching, in terms of tuition, for dunno how many donkey years down the road. I really enjoy it and feel the sense of satisfaction when I see the students being inspired. I think I might have found my calling.. though the whispering of money appears more tempting at this point in my life. So have you found your calling?

No comments: