15 Mar 2008

Earth to Lai

Earth to Lai... earth to Lai. Do you read me? Over.

Command to abort mission to Fantasy Land. Do you copy? Over.

*chuckles*

Anyway, while Lai is happily daydreaming about her encounters with Mr. MC, i'm getting excited about restarting my Japanese lessons! Yeah!

Originally the plan was to visit Japan at the end of the year for my graduation trip. But that may have to be put on the back burner for some time due to financial restrictions and logistical problems.

Regardless of that, i'm still excited about Japanese. It probably started when i was in high school. I love to watch anime and read manga and so Jap was my first choice for a 3rd language. But, i ended up with Deutsch instead and stuck it out for 4 years. All i remember of it now is "Ich bin Jiin. Ich habe Deutsch als meine dritter sprache gelernt. Aber jetzt habe ich alles vergessen." I'm not even sure if it's grammatically correct.

In the future, when i'm sufficiently conversational in Jap and hopefully in Bislama as well, i'd like to learn Korean, Spanish, Italian, French (although the contortions of the tongue are going to be challenging) and other languages too.

I know it's more of a daydream. You probably wonder why didn't i take up an Arts course instead? Well, so do i mate. So do i.

No comments: