9 Jul 2008

Sincerity

A brief moment of introspection reveals one of my core philosophy in life and that is sincerity. I am glad to be still staying true and faithful to that belief, not forgetting to practise what I preach. I believe everyone has a pretty good sensor that can sense the sincerity of the other party when engaging in conversation, even though if the conversation takes place over the phone.

What sparks this entry is the discovery of Tadashi diving trip schedule. Although I've been told that he would be away during my birthday itself, somehow or another I am just taken aback when I see the dates that he won't be around. Its like he will be going back to Japan once he gets back from his diving trip and prior to the 7-day dive trip weekend, he will be going back to Japan to attend a friend's wedding. So in short, he don't have much time left in Singapore. Which then translates into a empty "promise" of a mini-birthday celebration with me. Can't remember if its considered a promise but I vividly remember he mentioned we will do one post-celebration during one of our dinners. Oh well... I guess I am too gullible and take things seriously too easily. Then again, this just translates to lack of sincerity to me. Of course, I might be too quick to jump to conclusion as the truth will only be known when he flys back to Japan and nothing happens till then. But if that's the case, I think its worthwhile to see the true light of him and perhaps its really a blessing in disguise that our trip got cancelled. *shrug*

There were some other incidents which I've encountered recently. Getting a bit sick of people just paying lip services. Where has their sincerity gone to I wonder... I admit I still have some outstanding promises/lip services which I've made to some people. Yup, I am not a saint either and maybe all these fallen hopes/expectations which I am experiencing is a form of karma. So... I've decided to fulfill as much of my outstanding promises as possible by end of this year!

No comments: