31 Aug 2008

E o kaku koto ga dekimasen!

I love reading fiction stories. I was an avid reader ever since i was a kid. To be able to lie in bed, huddled up in my cosy blanket reading under the light from the bedside lamp is one of the small pleasures that i treasure the most.

To be able to devote one's full concentration into the twists in the plot, the emotions of the characters and the exhilarating world unbounded by the laws of physics is pure ecstasy.

So imagine when i discovered manga! Picture stories with beautifully drawn characters and backdrops. It's akin to morphine induced euphoria to a IV drug user.

There were times during high school where i would fantasize about becoming a mangaka. But alas, my pathetic efforts at drawing were too dismal for such a possibility to exist. So i have resigned myself to remain at the receiving end of the wondrous drawings from Japan.

Perhaps, when i finally find my ideal lifestyle occupation, i would have the time to dabble into art. For now, i'm more than content to just read manga from the free websites :D

No comments: