4 May 2009

Chinese Sinsei

For more than a year at least, I haven't been visiting Chinese sinsei, aka Chinese physician. But I finally gave in to the annoying pain my lower back is giving me today. Dunno what's wrong with the lower back as I've been a lazy bastard and skipping weekend yoga classes or gym session. The last workout I had was on Thursday which was a netball training. So the tingling wierdness set in on Sat evening. I suspect I had strained it while standing up at home doing dunno what. Then situation got worst and by Monday, I was kinda limping to work in my not-so-high heels.

So during lunch, I took a snail walk to the nearest TCM clinic I could find. Its quite amusing to see old ladies and uncles overtaking me. I'm not a good walker as I didn't keep left for people to overtake. And there I was giving thanks to whoever for the not-so-hot weather while I struggled through the agonising 20-minutes walk to the clinic. Not to mention that the F word was silently floating in the air whenever I got into a wrong position, twitching the wrong nerve.

10 needles, plus some electrodes and a heating lamp gave me momentory relief. But that with 5-days nicely packed medicinal powder caused me $70! Ok that treatment cut short the amount of time I took to walk back to office - 15 minutes. So here I am rather irritated by the nagging pain, blogging away and contemplating whether to skip work for tomorrow. There's a good rationale here... I really cannot focus with the nagging pain and soreness. Many a times I want to change my position to say lying down on a bed but I can't cos there's none in the office!

No comments: