18 Mar 2010

The interval silence

Unlike my last post, this post shall be a positive one.

It's week 6, halfway through my rotation and i have done 3 long lines in 3 teenagers. Each time a success on my first attempt and today, got an undeserved praise for it.

Ah... the sweetness of success, but it comes at the price of having high expectations placed onto me.

I've had relative luck with cannulas as well. But admittedly, lots more practice is required for both of these. So all of a sudden, i feel as if my rotation is going by too quickly for my taste, even though there are mornings where i turn up to work with dread.

During week 1 i ended the week with 20 patients and did tonnes of overtime. This week, i'm ending with 23 patients and hardly any overtime. Things are definitely looking up.

No comments: