3 Aug 2010

Omatase...

In my glorious month of annual leave i visited the land of the rising sun for a short week. Yes, i realised that it was 2 months ago, so sorry for the wait.

Honestly, it was too short, too rushed and way too haphazard in terms of last minute research for me. I was still googling as we were about to board the plane.

But, what can i say, the experience had it hilarious moments, especially with my bumbling japanese while my mum thinks i'm as good as an interpreter.

I went stark crazy like a sugar depraved country bumpkin from the outback when i saw the irresistible spread of patisserie at the buffet dinner of The Westin Hotel Tokyo.

Looking at that, who can blame me. Seriously. As expected of my sugar tooth, i very unglamourously, sampled almost every single piece of dessert there was to offer.

I was pretending not to notice all the eyes trained on me as i carried two plates filled to the brim with my unimaginably lovely sweets.

Where else, pray tell, can i lay my hands on such delectable treats? I still salivate when i look at these pictures. Ah... heaven...

As you know, the country where neatness and orderliness is taken to an entirely new level has, unsurprisingly, lockers for umbrellas, which will be removed and cleared out if no one claims them within 48 hours. Just imagine bumping into one of those people employed just to do that.

"Well hello, yes i'm the umbrella locker police, your umbrella has outstayed the specified duration and shall be disposed of as per protocol."

Innovation with the goal of efficiency and convenience... ice cream vending machines!

But unfortunately to say, they are nowhere near the standard of lai's and my favourite ferrero rocher ice cream on lygon street. Glico, i think you should stick to making pockies.

A spectacle cleaning machine offering free self help service! Never seen them before and i'm pretty sure i'll find them nowhere else. The question i'd love to ask but was hindered by my language barrier was: how is this any different from using the regular cloth that comes with the glasses?

More to come soon... i semi promise.

No comments: