13 Aug 2007

the most annoying alarm

I don't own a traditional alarm, (neither do i own a rooster) i rely on my trusty mobile phone alarm function to wake me up each day.

Currently, my motorola allows me to hit any button on the keypad to set off the snooze function. Very handy, good for motorola, bad for me. I end up pressing the snooze buttons at least 5 times and snoozing for at least half an hour before i jump up at the realisation that i'm going to be late.

Perhaps they should program it this way instead:

Moto: Snooze?
Me: Yes (half asleep)
Moto: Please key in password.
Me: 1234567890 (starting brain engine)
Moto: Please re-enter password to confirm.
Me: 1234567890 (patience...)
Moto: Password confirmed. Snooze?
Me: Yes (almost there...)
Moto: Do you really want to snooze?
Me: YES!!! (you annoying little %^&*!!!)
Moto: Alarm set to snooze.

This way by the time i do get the alarm to the snooze mode, i'd be awake and fuming mad. I'd be annoyed but at least i won't be late :) But knowing myself, if i really end up with such an annoying alarm, i'd just get myself another one and i'll be back to square one.

No comments: