17 Dec 2007

Hello from Vanuatu

I'm on the sunny and friendly island in the Pacific. MOAO has just taken a flight back to familiar Melbourne. *Sigh*

In other news, I passed my exams! WOOHOO!!! On top of that, I got a H2B! Double WOOHOOs!!!

Things i did / realised in the time i've been here:

1. Puke into my regulator (the thing i need to breathe with) while i was scuba diving.

2. Hand fed and pat a turtle (alright it was a pet turtle in a lagoon not those documentary style wild turtles...)

3. Swung on a swing rope for the 1st time

4. Got burned red as sri lankan crab and peeling like a snake

5. Abseiled down a waterfall

6. Realised that i would love to live as a free loader in this country for the rest of my life

7. I love to be near the sea but i can't stomach being in it or on it

8. Industrialisation heralds the end of an existence free from wordly contentions

9. What you see you covet - Hannibal Lecter (or so i think that's how his name is spelled)

10. The taxi driver told me today how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. So true.

Lai, i support you in your quest to remain jobless ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so envious... I should be hanging around a beach all by myself at this point of time if not for the miserable fake Bangkok trip. And all those activities seem damn fun minus the puking part.