1 Nov 2008

City Girl

I am home for the weekend and am enjoying myself tremendously even though i've only been doing normal routine stuff. Being away in the country makes me appreciate the city so much more.

Despite my many attempts to prove to myself that i can adapt to, survive in and learn to embrace any environment i am thrown into, i am a true blue city girl at heart.

I like the fact that there is easy access to asian food. I like the fact that most amenities are within walking distance. I like the fact that if i feel like a pizza in the middle of the night, i will not have to endure the cravings till the next morning.

I like living in apartments so that i don't have to worry about maintaining a garden or a yard. I am comforted by the fact that if there is an emergency, it doesn't take 3 hours to get to a hospital. I am thankful that if i am a victim of a crime, there are several police stations around the surrounding suburbs that i can turn to. I take for granted the amount of choice available in terms of services and products.

I have spent my whole life living only in cities. The bright lights attract me like a moth to a flame. I love the city!

*You must be questioning the degree of deprivation i'm suffering from in the country for this sudden outburst of ardour...*

No comments: